Friday, March 11, 2011

Funny...and Sad

On our way home from McDonald's tonight Maya is holding one of her baby dolls. She's telling me about how she's a good mommy and the baby is sleeping. And then she tells me that the baby doesn't have a daddy. I said, "Oh really, why not?" Her answer...he died a couple of weeks ago. He was shot..by the government. LOL She said something else about Indians or something so I'm thinking that somehow this is related to Pocahontas maybe??? That or she's been watching some 10pm dramas when I'm not looking. She said she was going to look for a new daddy for her baby, but if she couldn't find one maybe the other one could come back. LOL

And then for the sad part....
After I put her down to bed I heard her calling out for something and then crying. She couldn't find her bear and thought she had lost him. I found him seconds later all wrapped up in her covers, kissed her goodnight again and then started down the stairs. I get halfway and I can hear her start crying again. I go back up and ask her what's wrong..."I miss Daddy too," she cried. :( She said she really missed him and was upset because she couldn't find the picture of us that she had in her room. So I found it, gave it to her and she hugged it to her chest. She kept crying and said she wished we could sell our house today so we can be with daddy. Double :( After I told her that she could sleep with the picture she gave the Daddy side a big kiss. :)

The kids have both done really well with Tom's absence but all of a sudden I think it hits her that he's not here. I'm so thankful that it's only the fact that he's working in another state as opposed to something much worse, but I think it may be starting to take a toll. On all of us.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

awwwwww......I know its tough on you but I hadn't even thought about how tough it is on them! Poor sweet girl! Saw you post on FB that he's home - enjoy your time as a family and I'll keep praying that you sell soon so you can all be together back in MI!